Sunday, November 2, 2014

Movember Mustache Mania

It is Movember! No that's not a typo it's Movember.

 Movember is when men around the world grow their mustaches in support of mens health. Things such as testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and mental health. I have decided since I can't grow a mustache to help support and raise money for this great cause that I would make my mustache!

And now I want your help! In this post I will be putting a pattern for you to make your own mustache, but it's not completely free. I have a few requirements.

I want you to take this pattern and make mustaches all month long! If you can I would like you to sell them and donate your profits from it to charity. I will be pumping out mustaches this week and making them available in my shops as well.  Here's a link to where you can donate:
http://us.movember.com/donate

I also want you to spread the word!! Share this with everyone so the can help us raise money and awareness! Take pictures of your mustaches.  Maybe your mustache found it's way onto your dog, or your mustache visited a national monument, again let's have fun and spread the word!! You can post your pictures on my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/babymadecrochet, or yours and just tag me in it. Or send me a link to your blog or website where you'll have them posted.

Let me know how much your raising! I will be offering a gift to the person or group, or business that raises the most. I am working on finding out if they give a receipt when you donate so I can have proof of the amount actually donated.

Let's work together for a great cause!! Have fun with it and spread the word about Movember!
I can't wait to see  where your mustaches end up!


And here's your patten. It's very simple. It works across one
row and then across the other side.

Movember Moustache Pattern

Ch17

Ch3 slip stitch in 3rd ch from hook, Slip stitch 2, Sc 2, Hdc, Trc, Trc, Hdc, SS, Hdc, Trc, Trc, Hdc, Sc, Sc, Ss, Ss, Ch3, Ss in 3rd ch from hook,
 On other side of beginning chains: Ss, Ss, Ss, Ss, Hdc, Hdc, Hdc, Hdc, Ss, Hdc, Hdc, Hdc, Hdc, Ss, Ss, Ss, Ss. Bind off. Sew in ends. 

Again I'm asking if you use this pattern use it for charity, or awareness not for personal gain. Thank you for helping me with this great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment